Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cutting Wood for our Earth Day Community Youth Art Project.

WE NEED YOUR PLASTIC BOTTLE CAPS, but there are also a lot of other materials that we need for this fun Earth Day Art Project. Wood is one of them! We would like to give a big shout out to Dixieply Lumber for donating all the wood for our Earth Day Art Project. "A Gift for Teaching" thanks you too! Dixieply gave us a bunch of 4'x8' 1/2" sheets of plywood. Very Generous. That's not cheap stuff!
And I would also like to thank my dear friends, Erich and Shona, for letting me take over their house...err...garage this weekend. Erich and I spent the evening cutting out giant flowers with his jigsaw. Shona cooked dinner, made us a few toddies and cheered us on!  
We carved eight flowers out of one piece of 4'x8' plywood. Pretty cool! We were making so much noise with the power tools that several neighbors came by to see what we were doing. My ears were ringing for several hours after the jigsaw was turned off. I have to say, using a power tool was exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. And I woke up at 3am and had to take some Advil and put an icepack on my aching arm! But it was totally worth it. Thanks Erich and Shona!

Next steps: sanding, painting and then BOTTLE CAPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment